- By Scott A. Helmers
Create data graphic legends
Data graphics like the one shown in Figure 9-15 earlier in this chapter are easier to use and understand with a key. With Visio 2016, a data graphic legend is just a click away. You can create either a vertical legend, or, as shown in Figure 9-18, a horizontal legend.
Figure 9-18 Visio creates legends automatically, but you can customize them
After Visio creates the legend, you can edit the elements within the legend. For example, the legend on the left in Figure 9-18 is the original version. In the legend on the right, the descriptions for the flag icons have been changed to be more meaningful for users of the diagram.
To insert a data graphic legend
- On the Data tab, in the Display Data group, click the Insert Legend button.
- Click either Horizontal or Vertical.
To edit a data graphic legend
- Click an entry inside the legend and enter new text.
- Click an entry inside the legend and drag it to a new location.
To move a data graphic legend
- Click the word Legend in the header of the data graphic legend, and then drag the legend to a new location.
To delete a data graphic legend
Do any of the following:
- Click the word Legend in the header of the data graphic legend, and then press the Delete key.
- Right-click the word Legend, and then click Cut on the shortcut menu.
- Right-click the word Legend, and then on the Home tab, in the Clipboard group, click Cut.