- May 30, 2021
- May 30, 2021
- By Santiago Fernández MuñozMar 6, 2021
Microsoft Azure offers different storage solutions in the cloud to satisfy your application storage requirements. Azure offers solutions for making your storage cost-effective and minimizing latency. In this sample chapter from Exam Ref AZ-204 Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure, learn how to develop solutions using Cosmos DB and Blob storage.
- By Yuri Diogenes, Orin ThomasMar 6, 2021
Azure has native platform security capabilities and services that should be leveraged to provide the necessary level of security for your IaaS and PaaS workloads while maintaining a secure management layer. In this sample chapter from Exam Ref AZ-500 Microsoft Azure Security Technologies, learn how to implement advanced network security and configure advanced security for compute.
- By Craig ZackerFeb 16, 2021
In this sample chapter from Exam Ref PL-900 Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals, you will learn how to describe the Common Data Service database, data connectors, and the AI Builder automation and intelligence engine.
- By Ed FisherOct 1, 2020
In this sample chapter from Exam Ref MS-500 Microsoft 365 Security Administration, the authors cover the five objectives about Microsoft Threat Protection. They address how to protect a hybrid organization, how to protect devices, how to protect applications, and how to protect the SaaS applications and data within Office 365.
- By Joan LambertOct 1, 2020
In this sample chapter from MOS Study Guide for Microsoft PowerPoint Exam MO-300, author Joan Lambert covers the skills relating to creating and managing slides (rather than slide content).
- By Jim CheshireAug 14, 2020
In this sample chapter from Exam Ref AZ-900 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals, 2nd Edition, author Jim Cheshire dives into the many services and solutions that Azure offers. You’ll gain an understanding of the key concepts in Azure’s architecture, which apply to all Azure services. We cover Azure datacenters and ways that Microsoft implements fault tolerance and disaster recovery by spreading Azure infrastructure across the globe. You’ll also learn about availability zones, which are Microsoft’s solution for ensuring your services aren’t affected when a particular Azure datacenter experiences a problem.
- By Paul McFedriesJun 13, 2020
In this sample chapter from MOS Study Guide for Microsoft Access Expert Exam MO-500, you will review methods for importing data into tables, managing tables and records in tables, and creating and modifying fields.
- By Orin ThomasMay 26, 2020
In this sample chapter from Windows Server 2019 Inside Out , author Orin Thomas teaches you how you can use Windows Server images, Windows Deployment Services, Virtual Machine Manager, Desired State Configuration, Puppet, and Chef to deploy and manage the configuration of computers and virtual machines running the Windows Server 2019 operating system.
- By Joan LambertMay 26, 2020
In this sample chapter from MOS Study Guide for Microsoft Word Exam MO-100, author Joan Lambert covers the skills tested in the Microsoft Office Specialist exam for Microsoft Word 2019 relating to formatting document content.
- By Paul McFedriesMay 5, 2020
In this sample chapter from the MOS Study Guide for Microsoft Word Expert Exam MO-101, author Paul McFedries covers the skills tested in the Microsoft Office Specialist Expert exam for Microsoft Word 365 and Microsoft Word 2019 relating to using Word’s advanced editing and formatting features.
- By Sven Aelterman, William Assaf, Joseph D'Antoni, Louis Davidson, Randolph West, Melody ZachariasApr 16, 2020
In this sample chapter from SQL Server 2019 Administration Inside Out, the authors review the process of installing and configuring a Microsoft SQL Server instance as well as the creation or migration of databases.
- By Joan LambertApr 16, 2020
In this sample chapter from the MOS Study Guide for Microsoft Excel Exam MO-200, author Joan Lambert explains the skills tested in the section of the Microsoft Office Specialist exam for Microsoft Excel 2019 related to managing cells and cell content in worksheets. This includes manipulating data in worksheets, formatting cells and ranges, defining and referencing named ranges, and summarizing data visually.
- By Paul McFedriesMar 10, 2020
- In this excerpt from MOS Study Guide for Microsoft Excel Expert Exam MO-201 Microsoft Office expert Paul McFedries illustrates methods for filling cells based on existing data, formatting and validating data, and applying advanced conditional formatting and filtering.
- By Craig ZackerFeb 8, 2020
- In this sample chapter from Exam Ref MS-900 Microsoft 365 Fundamentals, Craig Zacker details the benefits and considerations of using cloud services and different types of cloud services available.
- By Dino Esposito, Francesco EspositoFeb 2, 2020
- In this excerpt from Introducing Machine Learning, Dino and Francesco Esposito identify the classes of problems that machine learning can realistically address and the algorithms known to be appropriate for each class. They also introduce an automated machine learning approach that can automate the selection of the best machine learning pipeline for a given problem and a given dataset.
Sign up now
Microsoft Press Store newsletter and special offers