Making Windows 10 Accessible
Turning on closed captioning
If you are hard of hearing, you might have used the closed-captioning feature on a television so that you could read what’s being said. Your Windows computer also has a closed captioning feature, and you can set up the color, transparency, font style, and size of the captions in the Ease Of Access settings window.
Choose closed captions options
- In the Ease Of Access settings window, in the left pane, click Closed Captions.
- Click to choose a Caption Color.
- Click to choose whether to make the caption opaque, translucent, semitransparent, or transparent.
- Click to choose a Caption Style for your font, such as serif, sans serif, or small caps.
- Click to choose a size for your caption.
Click to choose Caption Effects such as a drop shadow or raised text.