Finishing with a smile
To generate a smile or two at the end of this chapter, we selected three popular but largely anonymous quotes in the spirit of Murphy’s laws:
- To understand what recursion is, you must first understand recursion.
- Before software can be reusable, it first has to be usable.
- Ninety percent of everything is CRUD.
In addition, we saved two funny but deep pearls of wisdom for last, from two people who contributed a lot to the software industry and computer science as a whole:
- If debugging is the process of removing software bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in. (E. W. Diijkstra)
- C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg. (Bjarne Stroustrup)