- Customizing the Ribbon
- Customizing the Quick Access Toolbar
- Customizing the Work Area
- Changing the Location and Type of Saved Files
- Customizing Your Spelling Dictionaries
- Creating a Macro
- Understanding Security in Office 2010
- Working with the Trust Center
- Changing File Validation
- Choosing What's Displayed in Protected View
- Password Protecting a File
- Limiting File Changes
- Recovering Unsaved Versions
Password Protecting a File
Office 2010, like its predecessors, makes it easy for you add passwords to your Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files. Now in Office 2010, you can add encryption to your password to ensure that your file is as secure as possible.
Add a Password
Click the File tab.
In the Info tab, click Protect Document in the Permissions area.
Click Encrypt with a Password.
Enter a password and click OK.