- By Curtis Frye
- Introducing Query Types
- Creating a Query Using the Query Wizard
- Editing a Query in Design View
- Using Criteria to Focus Query Results
- Introducing Operators
- Using Queries to Calculate Values
- Creating a Parameter Query
- Finding Duplicate Records
- Finding Unmatched Records
- Writing Query Results to a New Table
- Creating an Update Query
- Creating a Crosstab Query
- Finding the Largest and Smallest Values in a Field by Using a Query
Using Criteria to Focus Query Results
It’s unlikely that you’ll want your query to find every record in a table—if you did, you could just open the table and not bother with the query! To limit the records a query locates, such as finding customers only in Germany, you can add criteria to the fields in the Query design grid.
Set Query Criteria
Open a query in Design view.
Click the Criteria cell for the field to which the criterion will be applied.
Create the criterion in the Expression Builder.