- Before You Begin
- Lesson 1: Creating and Configuring Connection Objects
- Lesson 2: Connecting to Data Using Connection Objects
- Lesson 3: Working with Connection Pools
- Lesson 4: Handling Connection Errors
- Lesson 5: Enumerating the Available SQL Servers on a Network
- Lesson 6: Securing Sensitive Connection String Data
- Chapter Review
- Suggested Practices
- Take a Practice Test
To gain further knowledge on the subject of working with connections, complete the following practices.
Practice 1 Create an application that targets different databases, which can be selected when the application starts.
Practice 2 Design a reusable block of code that can be used to handle SQL Server errors of any severity.
Practice 3 Create a component that writes to a log every time a connection to a database is opened.