- Sharing a Printer with Computers on Your Home Network
- Sharing a Printer with Your Homegroup
- Stop Sharing the Printer
- Sharing a Removable Disk Drive
- Transferring Files Between Mobile Phones and Your Windows 7 Computer via Bluetooth
- Enabling Bluetooth on Your Computer and Allowing Connections
- Turning On Bluetooth on Your Mobile Phone
- Pairing Your Computer with Your Mobile Phone, Starting from Your Phone
- Pairing Your Computer with Your Mobile Phone, Starting from Your Computer
- Exchanging Files Between Your Computer and Your Mobile Phone
- Exchanging Files Between Your Mobile Phone and Your Computer
- Removing the Pairing Between Your Mobile Phone and Your Computer
- Key Points
Exchanging Files Between Your Mobile Phone and Your Computer
As mentioned earlier in this chapter, the transfer of files can also be initiated from your mobile phone. If you’ve made some interesting pictures with your phone, a small video clip or anything else, you can transfer it to your computer.
In this exercise, you will learn how to initiate file transfers from your mobile phone to your computer, via Bluetooth.
Right-click the Bluetooth icon.
The contextual menu opens, containing a list of Bluetooth-related configuration options.
Click Receive a File.
The Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard opens and informs you that it is waiting for a connection. After this step (and only after this step), you can go to your phone and initiate the transfer.
On your mobile phone, select the files you want to transfer.
Choose the options required to send the files via Bluetooth.
The phone asks you to select the Bluetooth device you want to send them to. Select your computer, then confirm your choice.
The file transfer automatically begins; you can see both your mobile phone and computer showing the progress of the operation.
Wait for the file transfer to end.
When it has finished, you are shown a summary of the transfer. The Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard lists the files that were received and asks for a location to save them to. The default location is your Documents folder for your user account.
To select a different location to save the received files, click Browse, then select the new location.
When you have finished, click Finish.
The data is now transferred to your computer.