Taking Notes to Another Level with Microsoft OneNote 2013
- Writing quick notes
- Reading, moving, and deleting quick notes
- Handwriting notes and converting them to text
- Creating and constructing outlines
- Date-stamping and time-stamping notes
- Attaching a file or copying a file’s content to a note
- Sending files to OneNote
- Inserting images from a scanner or digital camera
- Inserting a picture from your computer or network
- Inserting a picture from an Internet source
- Taking a screen clipping
- Constructing simple math equations
- Constructing complex math equations
- Recording audio and video notes
- Playing back audio and video notes
Date-stamping and time-stamping notes
You can date-stamp and time-stamp notes to record when they were written so that have a record of when you took the notes. Or, use the date- and time-stamping commands to insert the current date, time, or date and time in the middle of a note you’re writing.
Date-stamp and time-stamp a note
On the ribbon, click the Insert tab.
To insert the current date, in the Time Stamp group, click Date or press Alt+Shift+D.
To insert the current time, click Time or press Alt+Shift+T.
To insert the current date and time, click Date & Time or press Alt+Shift+F.