- Writing quick notes
- Reading, moving, and deleting quick notes
- Handwriting notes and converting them to text
- Creating and constructing outlines
- Date-stamping and time-stamping notes
- Attaching a file or copying a file’s content to a note
- Sending files to OneNote
- Inserting images from a scanner or digital camera
- Inserting a picture from your computer or network
- Inserting a picture from an Internet source
- Taking a screen clipping
- Constructing simple math equations
- Constructing complex math equations
- Recording audio and video notes
- Playing back audio and video notes
Reading, moving, and deleting quick notes
Quick notes are kept in the Quick Notes section until you delete them or move them to a different section or page. To open the Quick Notes section, open OneNote 2013 (if necessary) and then, at the bottom of the Notebooks pane, click Quick Notes.
Quick notes are stored one to a page in the Quick Notes section. Click a page in the page tabs to read a quick note. The name of each quick note appears on a page tab. OneNote gets these names from the first bit of text in a quick note.
Read, move, and delete quick notes
At the bottom of the Notebooks pane, click Quick Notes.
To read a quick note, click a page tab.
To move a quick note to a section in an open notebook, drag a page tab to a section in the Notebooks pane.
To delete a quick note, right-click a page tab and then, on the shortcut menu that appears, click Delete.