- Viewing your calendar
- Using the To-Do Bar
- Adding appointments
- Adding and modifying events
- Adding meetings
- Modifying meetings and tracking responses
- Inserting an Outlook item into a calendar item
- Attaching a file or document to a calendar item
- Inserting the contents of a document into a calendar item
- Inserting an Excel object into a calendar item
- Sharing calendar information
- Printing calendars
Inserting the contents of a document into a calendar item
Sometimes, you’ll want to insert the contents of a document into an Outlook 2013 meeting or other calendar item, rather than attach the item to it. Inserting the contents into the calendar item makes it possible for you and others to view those contents without opening the attached source document.
Insert contents of a document
With an appointment, meeting, or event open, on the ribbon, click the Insert tab.
Click in the notes area of the item.
Back on the ribbon, in the Text group, click Object.
In the Object dialog box, click the Create From File tab.
In the Browse dialog box, locate and select the object that you want to add.
In the Object dialog box, click OK.
Verify that the added object appears in the comment field.
Click Save & Close (or Send Update).