- By Jim Boyce
- Viewing your calendar
- Using the To-Do Bar
- Adding appointments
- Adding and modifying events
- Adding meetings
- Modifying meetings and tracking responses
- Inserting an Outlook item into a calendar item
- Attaching a file or document to a calendar item
- Inserting the contents of a document into a calendar item
- Inserting an Excel object into a calendar item
- Sharing calendar information
- Printing calendars
Inserting an Excel object into a calendar item
You can insert a blank Excel object into a calendar item. This makes it possible for you to edit spreadsheet data within the calendar item itself. This capability is useful when you want to be able to enter values and calculate data that doesn’t exist yet in an Excel file.
Insert a blank Excel object
With an appointment, meeting, or event open, on the ribbon, click the Insert tab.
Click in the notes area of the item.
Back on the ribbon, in the Text group, click Object.
In the Object dialog box, click Microsoft Excel Worksheet on the Create New tab.
Add values and formulas as needed in the Excel object.
On the ribbon, on the home tab, use editing tools to modify or format the Excel data.
Click the Formulas tab to access additional Excel commands and features.
Click in a blank area of the notes field to stop editing the Excel object.
Click Send Update to send the meeting item with the embedded Excel object.