- Using conditional formatting to showcase data trends
- Adding sparklines
- Understanding Excel formulas and functions
- Performing common calculations
- Subtotaling data values
- Entering formulas
- Troubleshooting formulas
- Working with functions
- Creating and modifying data tables
- Sorting data
- Filtering worksheet data
- Creating PivotTables
- Viewing data instantly with Quick Analysis
Subtotaling data values
Subtotaling cell values is another common calculation task that Excel can perform for you. You can find the Subtotal tool on the Data tab, in the Outline group.
Subtotal data values
Select the data, including column headers, for which you want a subtotal.
Click the Data tab.
Select when you want the function to be applied.
Choose the subtotal function that you want to use.
Select what you want to subtotal.
Choose the check box to specify where you want the subtotal to appear.