- Creating work resources quickly in the Gantt Chart view
- Creating resources using the Resource Sheet
- Modifying resources
- Changing the maximum units for a resource
- Changing a resource’s working day
- Entering resource holidays
- Assigning a single work resource to a task
- Assigning multiple work resources to a task
- Adjusting the work, duration, and assignment units for a task
- Assigning material resources to a task
- Assigning cost resources to a task
- Resolving overallocated resources using the Task Inspector
- Resolving overallocated resources using the Team Planner
- Deleting resources
Adjusting the work, duration, and assignment units for a task
When you are assigning multiple resources to a single task, the way that Project distributes the work might not be as you expected or wanted. The best way to make adjustments is to review the data available and then make changes as necessary. This might be an iterative process so don’t necessarily expect to get it right the first time. Remember that Project has an Undo command available on the Quick Access Toolbar, or press Ctrl+Z to undo the last command.
Adjust the work, duration, and assignment units for a task
- In the View tab, select the Gantt Chart view.
Move the vertical splitter bar to the right to reveal the Resource Names column in the entry table.
- Select the row by clicking the task ID in the row header.
- Click the Details check box and make sure the task form is displayed.
Within the task form, right-click the task form (in the lower pane) and select the Work view if not already shown.
Adjust either the task work or duration fields or the resource work or units fields. If necessary, click OK to update the assignment after the amendments and verify that the work, units, and duration values are as you expect. Repeat as required until the values are correct.