Assigning and Managing Resources in Microsoft® Project 2013
- Creating work resources quickly in the Gantt Chart view
- Creating resources using the Resource Sheet
- Modifying resources
- Changing the maximum units for a resource
- Changing a resource’s working day
- Entering resource holidays
- Assigning a single work resource to a task
- Assigning multiple work resources to a task
- Adjusting the work, duration, and assignment units for a task
- Assigning material resources to a task
- Assigning cost resources to a task
- Resolving overallocated resources using the Task Inspector
- Resolving overallocated resources using the Team Planner
- Deleting resources
Entering resource holidays
One of the biggest impacts on a project is resource availability, or, put more correctly, lack of it. It’s important that, as a project manager, you track your resource’s planned absences so that Project will not schedule the resource to work on vacation.
Enter a resource’s holidays
- In the Project tab, click the Change Working Time button.
- Choose the Resource whose holiday you wish to enter.
- Enter the holiday details on a new line in the Exceptions tab.