Assigning and Managing Resources in Microsoft® Project 2013
- Creating work resources quickly in the Gantt Chart view
- Creating resources using the Resource Sheet
- Modifying resources
- Changing the maximum units for a resource
- Changing a resource’s working day
- Entering resource holidays
- Assigning a single work resource to a task
- Assigning multiple work resources to a task
- Adjusting the work, duration, and assignment units for a task
- Assigning material resources to a task
- Assigning cost resources to a task
- Resolving overallocated resources using the Task Inspector
- Resolving overallocated resources using the Team Planner
- Deleting resources
Changing the maximum units for a resource
The amount of productive time that a resource is available is defined by the Max Units value for a resource. If it’s sufficient that your work estimates include admin time, such as answering phones and so on, then you can leave the Max Units for each resource at 100 percent. If, however, you want to set a resource’s productive time to be less than 100 percent, you can set the resource’s Max Units to the value you choose.
Change the Max Units for a resource
- In the View tab, click Resource Sheet.
Change the Max Units for the desired resource.