- Creating work resources quickly in the Gantt Chart view
- Creating resources using the Resource Sheet
- Modifying resources
- Changing the maximum units for a resource
- Changing a resource’s working day
- Entering resource holidays
- Assigning a single work resource to a task
- Assigning multiple work resources to a task
- Adjusting the work, duration, and assignment units for a task
- Assigning material resources to a task
- Assigning cost resources to a task
- Resolving overallocated resources using the Task Inspector
- Resolving overallocated resources using the Team Planner
- Deleting resources
Resolving overallocated resources using the Team Planner
The Team Planner view is available in the Professional version of Project, and it allows you to see at a glance which tasks have been assigned to resources. By dragging the tasks between resources you can change existing assignments, remove a resource, from a task, or assign currently unassigned tasks to resources. By dragging the tasks left or right, you can change the dates on which the tasks are scheduled to occur. This is perfectly acceptable for a simple plan, but on a more complex plan with many dependencies and auto scheduled tasks, this can have major scheduling implications. The Team Planner is best suited to viewing and changing assignments between resources rather than rescheduling the start and finish dates of tasks.
Resolve overallocations using the Team Planner
- In the View tab, select the Team Planner button.
Drag the task up or down to change the resource the task is assigned to.