Assigning and Managing Resources in Microsoft® Project 2013
- Creating work resources quickly in the Gantt Chart view
- Creating resources using the Resource Sheet
- Modifying resources
- Changing the maximum units for a resource
- Changing a resource’s working day
- Entering resource holidays
- Assigning a single work resource to a task
- Assigning multiple work resources to a task
- Adjusting the work, duration, and assignment units for a task
- Assigning material resources to a task
- Assigning cost resources to a task
- Resolving overallocated resources using the Task Inspector
- Resolving overallocated resources using the Team Planner
- Deleting resources
Resolving overallocated resources using the Task Inspector
The Task Inspector button shows both warnings and suggestions for each task. Turning it on displays an additional section of information for each task and is helpful when trying to resolve overallocated resources.
Resolve overallocated resources using the Task Inspector
- On the Gantt Chart view (or any task-based view), scan the screen for any tasks with the red man icon.
Hover over the red man icon and right-click to show the menu options.
Select Fix In Task Inspector.
- Read the specific message regarding the overallocation; the overallocated resources are displayed below the message.
Select the appropriate action to resolve the overallocation.