- Creating work resources quickly in the Gantt Chart view
- Creating resources using the Resource Sheet
- Modifying resources
- Changing the maximum units for a resource
- Changing a resource’s working day
- Entering resource holidays
- Assigning a single work resource to a task
- Assigning multiple work resources to a task
- Adjusting the work, duration, and assignment units for a task
- Assigning material resources to a task
- Assigning cost resources to a task
- Resolving overallocated resources using the Task Inspector
- Resolving overallocated resources using the Team Planner
- Deleting resources
Assigning cost resources to a task
Cost resources are typically used to add cost to tasks without adding work hours or task duration. A typical cost that a cost resource would be used for is travel expenses. When the cost resource is assigned to a task, the estimated cost should be entered.
Assign a cost resource to a task
- In the Resource tab, select the Gantt Chart view from the drop-down menu on the Team Planner button.
- Click the Assign Resources button to display the Assign Resources dialog box.
- Click the task that you want to make the assignment on.
- Verify that the task name is displayed within the Assign Resource dialog box.
- Type in the estimated cost for the resource on the task.
Click the Assign button.