- By Joan Preppernau, Joyce CoxJan 3, 2007
- In this chapter from Microsoft Office Word 2007 Step by Step, you will first learn about saving documents in other file formats. You will then preview a document in Web Layout view, save the document as a Web page, and make adjustments necessary for optimum presentation on the Web. You will create a blog post, register an existing blog account, and then publish the blog post. Finally, you will save a document as an XML file and view its XML tags, and then attach a schema containing custom tags to it.
- By Curtis FryeJan 3, 2007
- In this chapter from Microsoft Office Excel 2007 Step by Step, you’ll learn how to create and edit PivotTables from an existing worksheet and how to create a PivotTable with data imported from a text file.
- By Curtis FryeJun 2, 2010
- In this chapter from Microsoft Excel 2010 Step by Step, you’ll learn how to create and edit PivotTables from an existing worksheet, focus your PivotTable data using filters and Slicers, format PivotTables, and create a PivotTable with data imported from a text file.
- By Darvish Shadravan, Penelope Coventry, Thomas Resing, Christina WheelerJun 15, 2013
- Every business and government entity needs forms that enable its users to input and share information. SharePoint 2013 presents a platform that allows for these forms to be hosted and integrated with many other useful technologies, such as workflows and search. Learn how to create forms using InfoPath, Access, and custom solutions in SharePoint 2013.
- By Charles PetzoldOct 1, 2014
- This chapter from Creating Mobile Apps with Xamarin.Forms, Preview Edition presents an actual application built from the ground up.
- By Curtis FryeJun 15, 2010
- This chapter from Microsoft Access 2010 Plain & Simple explains the concept and function of queries and shows how to create them using the Query Wizard or on your own. It also introduces more advanced concepts such as using queries to calculate values or find duplicate records.
- By Joan Preppernau, Joyce CoxAug 15, 2007
- In this chapter from Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 Step by Step, you will first review design concepts that pertain to longer publications. Then you will create a multi-page newsletter; size text to fit the available space, and add pages. You will continue stories by linking and unlinking text boxes, insert and remove Continued notices, move and delete pages, and format text in columns. Finally, you will edit a publication in Microsoft Office Word and correct its spelling in Microsoft Office Publisher 2007.
- By Michael HalvorsonMay 12, 2010
- In this chapter from Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Step by Step, you’ll learn how to build Web sites and Web pages by using the Visual Web Developer tool included with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
- By David LeBlancFeb 15, 2013
- In this chapter from Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Step by Step, you will first learn the importance of implementing and enforcing a naming standard. From there, you will be introduced to the various data types that are supported by SQL Server. Then you will create your first table using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and Transact-SQL (T-SQL). Finally, you will use the same methods to add constraints and keys to your tables.
- By Michael HalvorsonDec 15, 2012
- In this chapter from Start Here! Learn Microsoft Visual Basic 2012, you’ll learn how to create your first Windows 8 application from scratch.
- By Patrice PellandMar 5, 2008
- In this chapter from Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Express Edition: Build a Program Now!, you’ll learn how to build your own basic Web browser, and you’ll be able to do it in five minutes or less!
- By Katherine MurrayAug 15, 2010
- Katherine Murray discusses the customization and security features of Microsoft Word 2010, in this chapter from Microsoft Word 2010 Plain & Simple.
- By Bill JelenApr 6, 2019
In this sample chapter from Microsoft Excel 2019 Inside Out, learn how to perform a simple ribbon modification and how to use important option settings to customize your Excel experience.
- By The Microsoft Dynamics AX TeamJun 10, 2009
- This chapter from Inside Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 describes how to customize Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 inventory tables and classes to implement new inventory dimensions, explains how to customize forms in Dynamics AX, describes how to customize reports in Dynamics AX, and explains how to customize the number sequence classes in Dynamics AX to implement a new number sequence.
- By Nancy Muir BoysenNov 2, 2015
- This chapter from "Windows 10 Plain & Simple" shows you how to customize your Windows 10 desktop, including using themes, customizing the taskbar, and Lock Screen, moving and resizing tiles, and more.
- By Stephane MahauxSep 16, 2011
- Learn how to customize your Windows 7 interface, including tips on working with the Start menu and taskbar.
- By Wayne WinstonFeb 4, 2017
In this chapter from Microsoft Excel Data Analysis and Business Modeling, 5th Edition, author Wayne Winston explores the most commonly used month-day-year formats in Microsoft Excel 2016.
Sign up now
Microsoft Press Store newsletter and special offers