- By Curtis FryeJun 15, 2010
- This chapter from Microsoft Access 2010 Plain & Simple explains the concept and function of queries and shows how to create them using the Query Wizard or on your own. It also introduces more advanced concepts such as using queries to calculate values or find duplicate records.
- By Joan Preppernau, Joyce CoxAug 15, 2007
- In this chapter from Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 Step by Step, you will first review design concepts that pertain to longer publications. Then you will create a multi-page newsletter; size text to fit the available space, and add pages. You will continue stories by linking and unlinking text boxes, insert and remove Continued notices, move and delete pages, and format text in columns. Finally, you will edit a publication in Microsoft Office Word and correct its spelling in Microsoft Office Publisher 2007.
- By Michael HalvorsonMay 12, 2010
- In this chapter from Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Step by Step, you’ll learn how to build Web sites and Web pages by using the Visual Web Developer tool included with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
- By David LeBlancFeb 15, 2013
- In this chapter from Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Step by Step, you will first learn the importance of implementing and enforcing a naming standard. From there, you will be introduced to the various data types that are supported by SQL Server. Then you will create your first table using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and Transact-SQL (T-SQL). Finally, you will use the same methods to add constraints and keys to your tables.
- By Michael HalvorsonDec 15, 2012
- In this chapter from Start Here! Learn Microsoft Visual Basic 2012, you’ll learn how to create your first Windows 8 application from scratch.
- By Patrice PellandMar 5, 2008
- In this chapter from Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Express Edition: Build a Program Now!, you’ll learn how to build your own basic Web browser, and you’ll be able to do it in five minutes or less!
- By Katherine MurrayAug 15, 2010
- Katherine Murray discusses the customization and security features of Microsoft Word 2010, in this chapter from Microsoft Word 2010 Plain & Simple.
- By The Microsoft Dynamics AX TeamJun 10, 2009
- This chapter from Inside Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 describes how to customize Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 inventory tables and classes to implement new inventory dimensions, explains how to customize forms in Dynamics AX, describes how to customize reports in Dynamics AX, and explains how to customize the number sequence classes in Dynamics AX to implement a new number sequence.
- By Nancy Muir BoysenNov 2, 2015
- This chapter from "Windows 10 Plain & Simple" shows you how to customize your Windows 10 desktop, including using themes, customizing the taskbar, and Lock Screen, moving and resizing tiles, and more.
- By William StanekSep 16, 2011
- Learn how to customize your Windows 7 interface, including tips on working with the Start menu and taskbar.
- By Wayne WinstonFeb 4, 2017
In this chapter from Microsoft Excel Data Analysis and Business Modeling, 5th Edition, author Wayne Winston explores the most commonly used month-day-year formats in Microsoft Excel 2016.
- By Julian TemplemanAug 15, 2013
- In this chapter from Microsoft Visual C++/CLI Step by Step, you will see how to use these statements to control the flow of execution through a C++/CLI application.
- By Mike Mulcare, Stan ReimerMar 5, 2008
- This chapter from Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Resource Kit describes administrative delegation, starting with a discussion of the various types of tasks that might be delegated within an enterprise. Then it describes object access, the types of permissions that can be assigned to objects residing within the directory, and how to use these permissions for delegation of administration. Finally, the chapter provides information about auditing changes to objects residing within AD DS.
- By Steve McConnellFeb 22, 2006
- When executives ask for an "estimate," they’re often asking for a commitment or for a plan to meet a target. In this chapter from Software Estimation: Demystifying the Black Art, Steve McConnell explains that the distinctions between estimates, targets, and commitments are critical to understanding what an estimate is, what an estimate is not, and how to make your estimates better.
- By Charlie RusselJun 29, 2015
- In this chapter from Deploying and Managing Active Directory with Windows PowerShell: Tools for cloud-based and hybrid environments, Charlie Russel covers how to create a new Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) forest where one has never existed before. This is, in some ways, the easiest task you're likely to face, but it's also one where getting it right is really important. The decisions you make here will affect the entire organization for the life of this deployment.
- By William StanekDec 19, 2007
- Your early success with IIS 7.0 will largely depend on your understanding of the ways you can use the software and in your ability to deploy it to support these roles, as William Stanek discusses in this chapter from Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0 Administrator's Pocket Consultant.
- By Mitch TullochApr 24, 2014
- This chapter from Training Guide: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2 describes how to prepare for the deployment of Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 domain controllers, how to deploy domain controllers using both Server Manager and Windows PowerShell, and how to take advantage of domain-controller virtualization.
- Sep 7, 2017
In this sample chapter from Exam Ref 70-768 Developing SQL Data Models, learn how to create a multidimensional database by using Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), design and implement dimensions in a cube, and implement measures and measure groups in a cube.
Sign up now
Microsoft Press Store newsletter and special offers