- By Jim CheshireAug 14, 2020
In this sample chapter from Exam Ref AZ-900 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals, 2nd Edition, author Jim Cheshire dives into the many services and solutions that Azure offers. You’ll gain an understanding of the key concepts in Azure’s architecture, which apply to all Azure services. We cover Azure datacenters and ways that Microsoft implements fault tolerance and disaster recovery by spreading Azure infrastructure across the globe. You’ll also learn about availability zones, which are Microsoft’s solution for ensuring your services aren’t affected when a particular Azure datacenter experiences a problem.
- By Paul McFedriesJun 13, 2020
In this sample chapter from MOS Study Guide for Microsoft Access Expert Exam MO-500, you will review methods for importing data into tables, managing tables and records in tables, and creating and modifying fields.
- By Orin ThomasMay 26, 2020
In this sample chapter from Windows Server 2019 Inside Out , author Orin Thomas teaches you how you can use Windows Server images, Windows Deployment Services, Virtual Machine Manager, Desired State Configuration, Puppet, and Chef to deploy and manage the configuration of computers and virtual machines running the Windows Server 2019 operating system.
- By Joan LambertMay 26, 2020
In this sample chapter from MOS Study Guide for Microsoft Word Exam MO-100, author Joan Lambert covers the skills tested in the Microsoft Office Specialist exam for Microsoft Word 2019 relating to formatting document content.
- By Paul McFedriesMay 5, 2020
In this sample chapter from the MOS Study Guide for Microsoft Word Expert Exam MO-101, author Paul McFedries covers the skills tested in the Microsoft Office Specialist Expert exam for Microsoft Word 365 and Microsoft Word 2019 relating to using Word’s advanced editing and formatting features.
- By Sven Aelterman, William Assaf, Joseph D'Antoni, Louis Davidson, Randolph West, Melody ZachariasApr 16, 2020
In this sample chapter from SQL Server 2019 Administration Inside Out, the authors review the process of installing and configuring a Microsoft SQL Server instance as well as the creation or migration of databases.
- By Joan LambertApr 16, 2020
In this sample chapter from the MOS Study Guide for Microsoft Excel Exam MO-200, author Joan Lambert explains the skills tested in the section of the Microsoft Office Specialist exam for Microsoft Excel 2019 related to managing cells and cell content in worksheets. This includes manipulating data in worksheets, formatting cells and ranges, defining and referencing named ranges, and summarizing data visually.
- By Paul McFedriesMar 10, 2020
- In this excerpt from MOS Study Guide for Microsoft Excel Expert Exam MO-201 Microsoft Office expert Paul McFedries illustrates methods for filling cells based on existing data, formatting and validating data, and applying advanced conditional formatting and filtering.
- By Craig ZackerFeb 8, 2020
- In this sample chapter from Exam Ref MS-900 Microsoft 365 Fundamentals, Craig Zacker details the benefits and considerations of using cloud services and different types of cloud services available.
- By Dino Esposito, Francesco EspositoFeb 2, 2020
- In this excerpt from Introducing Machine Learning, Dino and Francesco Esposito identify the classes of problems that machine learning can realistically address and the algorithms known to be appropriate for each class. They also introduce an automated machine learning approach that can automate the selection of the best machine learning pipeline for a given problem and a given dataset.
- By Mike Pfeiffer, Derek Schauland, Nicole Stevens, Timothy L. WarnerNov 20, 2019
In this sample chapter from Exam Ref AZ-300 Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies, the authors help you understand how you can bring your existing workloads to Azure by allowing the use of some familiar resources (IaaS Virtual Machines) and others that may be new (serverless computing) to your environment. In addition, the use of Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is covered here to ensure your cloud environment is as secure as possible.
- By Santiago Fernández MuñozNov 12, 2019
In this sample chapter from Exam Ref AZ-203 Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure, author Santiago Fernández Muñoz reviews how to work with the options that Azure makes available to you for developing your solutions based on the Infrastructure as a Service model.
- By Itzik Ben-GanNov 4, 2019
In this sample chapter from T-SQL Window Functions: For data analysis and beyond, 2nd Edition, author Itzik Ben-Gan provides extensive coverage of window functions, their optimization, and querying solutions implementing them. This chapter starts by explaining the concept, and it provides a background of window functions, a glimpse of solutions using windows functions, coverage of the elements involved in window specifications, an account of the query elements supporting window functions, and a description of the standard’s solution for reusing window definitions.
- By John McCabe, Ward RalstonAug 13, 2019
In this sample chapter from Modernizing the Datacenter with Windows Server and Hybrid Cloud, authors McCabe and Ralston help you embrace change as an IT professional. This book talks about various concepts and ideologies, all of which are designed to help you build a toolkit of thought. This is a reference book to help you structure your approach by giving you scenarios to see where you can attach to and implement or iterate on what makes sense for the positions you are in.
- By Orin ThomasJul 23, 2019
In this sample chapter from Exam Ref MS-100 Microsoft 365 Identity and Services, author Orin Thomas teaches the skills of how to manage domains, plan a Microsoft 365 implementation, set up Microsoft 365 tenancy and subscription, manage Microsoft 365 subscription and tenant health, and plan migration of users and data.
- Jul 23, 2019
- By Alberto Ferrari, Marco RussoJul 20, 2019
In this sample chapter from The Definitive Guide to DAX, authors Russo and Ferrari start talking about the DAX language. Here you learn the syntax of the language, the difference between a calculated column and a measure (also called calculated field, in certain old Excel versions), and the most commonly used functions in DAX.
Sign up now
Microsoft Press Store newsletter and special offers