- Skill: Evaluate content and customizations
- Skill: Plan an upgrade process
- Skill: Create and configure app management
- Skill: Create and configure productivity services
- Skill: Create and configure a Business Connectivity Services (BCS) and Secure Store application
- Skill: Manage SharePoint solutions and applications
- Thought experiment
- Thought experiment answer
In this thought experiment, demonstrate your skills and knowledge of the topics covered in this chapter. You can find the answer to this thought experiment in the next section.
You are designing a migration plan for moving from SharePoint Server 2013 to a hybrid SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint Online environment. The adoption of the previous environment was quite successful, and code-based customizations to the farm were fairly common. This environment has been in use since 2010, having been upgraded in 2013.
How would you approach the initial assessment of the SharePoint 2013 environment, particularly from a code standpoint?
What changes will be required from a productivity services standpoint to move the farm into the new hybrid configuration?
Management states that they cannot sustain an extended outage. How would you go about completing an upgrade?