- Changing the desktop background
- Customize the Lock Screen
- Adjusting colors and transparency
- Using themes
- Changing the screen saver
- Making timeout settings
- Enlarging text
- Changing screen resolution
- Customizing the taskbar
- Adding tiles to the Start menu
- Moving tiles
- Using Snap to arrange apps on the desktop
- Resizing tiles
Changing the screen saver
You can set up a screen saver that will appear after a preset interval of inactivity on your computer. The screen saver is an animation that takes up the computer’s full screen. A screen saver keeps your screen’s contents private. When you want to get back to using your computer, you don’t need to raise the Lock Screen and type your password or PIN; instead you can just click your mouse and your computer returns to whatever you were working on at the moment the screen saver activated.
Select a screen saver
- In the Cortana search box, type screen saver.
Click Turn Screen Saver On Or Off.
- Click the Screen Saver drop-down list, and then select a screen saver.
- Click the up or down arrows on the Wait box (or you can also simply type a number directly in the box) to set an interval of inactivity after which the screen saver turns on.
- Click Apply.
Click OK to close the dialog box.