- Customizing the Ribbon
- Customizing the Quick Access Toolbar
- Customizing the Work Area
- Changing the Location and Type of Saved Files
- Customizing Your Spelling Dictionaries
- Creating a Macro
- Understanding Security in Office 2010
- Working with the Trust Center
- Changing File Validation
- Choosing What's Displayed in Protected View
- Password Protecting a File
- Limiting File Changes
- Recovering Unsaved Versions
Recovering Unsaved Versions
Have you ever made great changes to a document and then accidentally closed the file without saving? One of the great new safety-net features in Word 2010 is your file is saved for you in case you forget. Because the program stores your unsaved files automatically, you can return to a previous version if you need to find information you accidentally deleted or items you revised in error.
Recover Unsaved Files
Click the File tab.
Click Manage Versions.
Click Recover Unsaved Versions.
Select the file you want and click Open.