- Writing quick notes
- Reading, moving, and deleting quick notes
- Handwriting notes and converting them to text
- Creating and constructing outlines
- Date-stamping and time-stamping notes
- Attaching a file or copying a file’s content to a note
- Sending files to OneNote
- Inserting images from a scanner or digital camera
- Inserting a picture from your computer or network
- Inserting a picture from an Internet source
- Taking a screen clipping
- Constructing simple math equations
- Constructing complex math equations
- Recording audio and video notes
- Playing back audio and video notes
Playing back audio and video notes
After you’ve recorded audio or video on a note, you can play back the recording. The Audio & Video | Playback contextual tab offers commands for playing, pausing, stopping, rewinding, and fast-forwarding an audio or video recording.
Play back audio or video notes
Click the note that contains the audio or video recording.
On the ribbon, click the Audio & Video | Playback contextual tab.
In the Playback group, click Play. You can also play a recording by double-clicking its icon.
Click Pause to suspend the recording temporarily.
Click the Play button next to a paragraph or note to play one portion of the recording (the portion you made while writing the note).