- Writing quick notes
- Reading, moving, and deleting quick notes
- Handwriting notes and converting them to text
- Creating and constructing outlines
- Date-stamping and time-stamping notes
- Attaching a file or copying a file’s content to a note
- Sending files to OneNote
- Inserting images from a scanner or digital camera
- Inserting a picture from your computer or network
- Inserting a picture from an Internet source
- Taking a screen clipping
- Constructing simple math equations
- Constructing complex math equations
- Recording audio and video notes
- Playing back audio and video notes
Recording audio and video notes
If your computer is equipped with audio-recording and video-recording capability, you can record audio and video notes and play back the recordings on the Audio & Video Playback tab of OneNote 2013.
OneNote stores audio recordings as .wma files; it stores video recordings as .wmv files. The icons for .wma and .wmv files appear in notes when you record audio and video notes.
Record an audio or video note
Click in a note and then, on the ribbon, click the Insert tab.
In the Recording group, click either Record Audio or Record Video and make your recording.
When you finish recording, on the Audio & Video | Recording contextual tab, click Stop.