- Writing quick notes
- Reading, moving, and deleting quick notes
- Handwriting notes and converting them to text
- Creating and constructing outlines
- Date-stamping and time-stamping notes
- Attaching a file or copying a file’s content to a note
- Sending files to OneNote
- Inserting images from a scanner or digital camera
- Inserting a picture from your computer or network
- Inserting a picture from an Internet source
- Taking a screen clipping
- Constructing simple math equations
- Constructing complex math equations
- Recording audio and video notes
- Playing back audio and video notes
Inserting a picture from an Internet source
Need a picture to illustrate an idea or concept? You can obtain a picture from an Internet source. OneNote provides the means to search for and obtain pictures from Office.com, the Internet (by way of the Bing search engine), and a SkyDrive folder.
Insert a picture from an Internet source
On the ribbon, click the Insert tab.
In the Images group, click Online Pictures.
In either the Office.com Clip Art or Bing Image Search box, enter a search term that describes the picture that you want and then press Enter. To search your SkyDrive folders, click Browse, instead.
Select a picture to insert. (You can select more than one picture if you want.)