- By Jim Boyce
- Viewing your calendar
- Using the To-Do Bar
- Adding appointments
- Adding and modifying events
- Adding meetings
- Modifying meetings and tracking responses
- Inserting an Outlook item into a calendar item
- Attaching a file or document to a calendar item
- Inserting the contents of a document into a calendar item
- Inserting an Excel object into a calendar item
- Sharing calendar information
- Printing calendars
Attaching a file or document to a calendar item
In many situations, you might want to attach a document or other type of file to an Outlook 2013 calendar item. For example, if you are meeting to discuss a project, you might attach a project plan, financials from Microsoft Excel, or a report.
Attach a file
With an appointment, meeting, or event open, on the ribbon, click the Insert tab.
In the Include group, click the Attach File button.
In the Insert File dialog box, select a file location.
Select the file that you want to insert.
The added file appears in the comment field.
Click the Meeting, Appointment, or Event tab and then click Save & Close (or, for a meeting, click Send Update).