Managing a Calendar in Microsoft Outlook 2013
- Viewing your calendar
- Using the To-Do Bar
- Adding appointments
- Adding and modifying events
- Adding meetings
- Modifying meetings and tracking responses
- Inserting an Outlook item into a calendar item
- Attaching a file or document to a calendar item
- Inserting the contents of a document into a calendar item
- Inserting an Excel object into a calendar item
- Sharing calendar information
- Printing calendars
Inserting an Outlook item into a calendar item
In Outlook 2013, you can insert objects, files, and Outlook items into your calendar items. The capability to insert Outlook items means that you can insert contacts, email messages, and other Outlook items into an appointment, meeting, or event item. For example, if you are having a meeting to discuss a project with an outside partner, you can insert the partner’s contact(s) into the meeting invitation so that other attendees will have them.
Add an Outlook item
With an appointment, meeting, or event open, on the ribbon, click the Insert tab.
In the Include group, click Outlook Item.
In the Insert Item dialog box, select the Outlook folder in which the item is stored.
Select the Outlook item thatyou want to insert from the Items list.
The selected item now appears in the comment field.
Click the Meeting, Appointment, or Event tab and then click Save & Close (for an appointment or event) or Send Update (for a meeting).