Managing a Calendar in Microsoft Outlook 2013
- Viewing your calendar
- Using the To-Do Bar
- Adding appointments
- Adding and modifying events
- Adding meetings
- Modifying meetings and tracking responses
- Inserting an Outlook item into a calendar item
- Attaching a file or document to a calendar item
- Inserting the contents of a document into a calendar item
- Inserting an Excel object into a calendar item
- Sharing calendar information
- Printing calendars
Adding and modifying events
In Outlook 2013, an event is an activity that runs for 24 hours or longer. An example of an event is a weeklong conference or seminar that you attend. Events display as banners at the top of the day and run from midnight to midnight, so they don’t take up blocks of time on the calendar. This display method leaves room in your calendar for you to show appointments or meetings that you might schedule during event days.
Add the event
On the Home tab, in the Arrange group, click Work Week.
On the calendar, select one or more days.
Type the subject for the event.
Modify an event
Double-click the event to open it.
Change details of the event as needed.
Choose a free/busy option.
Click Save & Close.
The selected days now show as Out Of Office (purple).