- By Jim Boyce
- Viewing your calendar
- Using the To-Do Bar
- Adding appointments
- Adding and modifying events
- Adding meetings
- Modifying meetings and tracking responses
- Inserting an Outlook item into a calendar item
- Attaching a file or document to a calendar item
- Inserting the contents of a document into a calendar item
- Inserting an Excel object into a calendar item
- Sharing calendar information
- Printing calendars
Using the To-Do Bar
The To-Do Bar lets you view other information in the Calendar view as well as calendar items. In addition to showing a small calendar, you can use to choose a day to view (in place of the Folder pane, for example). You can also view contacts that you have added to your Favorites as well as upcoming tasks.
Use the To-Do Bar
On the ribbon, click the View tab.
In the Layouts group, click To-Do Bar and then, in the drop-down list that appears, choose Calendar
Any items for the current day appear in the To-Do Bar.
Again, in the Layouts group, click To-Do Bar and then, in the drop-down list that appears, choose People.
People that you have added as favorites appear in the To-Do Bar.
Use the Search People text box to search for contacts.
In the Layouts group, click To-Do Bar and then, in the drop-down list that appears, choose Tasks.
Double-click a task to open it.