- By Andrew Couch
- Selecting all columns from a table
- Selecting individual columns from one or more tables
- Joining tables to see unmatched or missing records
- Filtering by single and multiple combinations of choices
- Adding calculations with the expression builder
- Returning the top matched records
- Eliminating duplicate values
- Creating a summary calculation
- Prompting to filter data with parameters
- Creating a crosstab query with the Query Wizard
- Simplifying a problem with a query by using other queries
- Adding two sets of query results together
- Resolving ambiguous outer joins
- Creating an additional query to resolve a problem with mixed joins
Creating a crosstab query with the Query Wizard
Crosstab queries can be constructed manually. However, it is simpler to use the Query Wizard to create the query, which you can later change in design view.
Create a crosstab query
Click the Create tab.
Click Query Wizard.
In the New Query popup window, click Crosstab Query Wizard.
In the Crosstab Query Wizard, click Queries.
Select a query and click Next.
Select one or more columns to act as row headings, and click Next.
Select one column to act as the new column heading, and click Next.
Select the column to summarize.
Select the calculation type to use, and click Next.
Type a name for your query, and click Finish.
Select design view.
In the query Column Headings property field, type a fixed set of headings.