- By Jochen KrebsJul 16, 2008
- This chapter from Agile Portfolio Management defines what agile software development stands for and looks at the key practices of agile development from a managerss perspective.
- By William StanekSep 15, 2012
- Learn how to help your users adjust PC settings, the taskbar, toolbars, desktop themes and backgrounds, custom desktop content, screen savers, and display appearance and settings, in this chapter from Windows 8 Administration Pocket Consultant.
- By Rob MilesJul 15, 2012
- Learn how the Kinect sensor generates data about the world around it, the key components of the Kinect sensor and how they work, and how the sensors and the Kinect provide useful signals to a connected computer or console, in this chapter from Start Here! Learn the Kinect API.
- By Katherine MurrayFeb 15, 2013
- Learn how you can use Excel to analyze and share the data you’re gathering. You can use features such as sparklines and conditional formatting to show in an instant how the data trends look, or you can construct formulas by using Excel’s functions to perform simple or complex calculations with your numeric data. Excel also makes it easy to report on and share your data via Power View Reports and PivotTables.
- By Dino EspositoFeb 15, 2011
- In this chapter from Programming Microsoft ASP.NET 4, learn how an HTTP request for an .aspx resource is mapped to a page object, the programming interface of the Page class, and how to control the generation of the markup by handling events of the page life cycle.
- By Joan LambertJan 9, 2017
In this sample chapter from MOS 2016 Study Guide for Microsoft PowerPoint, author Joan Lambert explains how to configure slide transitions and animate slide content in PowerPoint 2016.
- By Derek MelberMar 5, 2008
- There have been some radical changes to the underlying implementation of Group Policy with Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008. Although the core dependencies have not changed, the core engine of Group Policy has changed for the better, as Derek Melber explains in this chapter from Windows Group Policy Resource Kit: Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista.
- By Ben HowardMay 15, 2013
- Ben Howard, author of Microsoft® Project 2013 Plain & Simple, explains how to assign and manage resources in Microsoft Project 2013.
- By Jeff Conrad, John L. ViescasAug 15, 2010
- With this chapter from Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out, you'll learn about user interface macros — various types of actions you can define in macros, building both simple macros and macro with multiple defined actions, managing macros and creating submacros, using embedded and temporary macros, debugging macros, and understanding un-trusted actions.
- By William StanekNov 15, 2013
- This chapter from Windows 8.1 Administration Pocket Consultant: Essentials & Configuration introduces essential tasks for understanding and managing Group Policy preferences.
- By Vittorio BertocciJan 22, 2016
- This chapter from Modern Authentication with Azure Active Directory for Web Applications takes a closer look at how Azure AD represents applications and their relationships to other apps, users, and organizations.
- By Michael Collier, Robin ShahanFeb 6, 2015
- In this chapter from Microsoft Azure Essentials - Fundamentals of Azure, the authors take a look at two of the Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings in Microsoft Azure: Azure Websites and Azure Cloud Services. They talk about what Azure Websites is, how to use the service to create websites, and how to keep them updated. They also look at the options for prebuilt websites offered by Azure.
- By Itzik Ben-GanOct 7, 2016
Learning the theory behind T-SQL querying and programming is an important step in developing code. In this sample chapter from T-SQL Fundamentals, 3rd Edition, Itzik Ben-Gan provides a brief theoretical background about SQL, set theory and predicate logic, the relational model, and types of database systems.
- By Charles PetzoldOct 11, 2000
- In this chapter from Code, Charles Petzold explains what's so special about the binary number system.
- By Luca Regnicoli, Roberto Brunetti, Paolo PialorsiFeb 15, 2013
- This chapter from Build Windows 8 Apps with Microsoft Visual C# and Visual Basic Step by Step teaches the complete cycle for creating, testing, and deploying a simple Windows 8 application. You will learn about the available templates and how to describe the application using the manifest. Finally, you'll add the code to implement the search contract using a provided template.
Sign up now
Microsoft Press Store newsletter and special offers