- By Wayne WinstonFeb 4, 2017
In this chapter from Microsoft Excel Data Analysis and Business Modeling, 5th Edition, author Wayne Winston explores the most commonly used month-day-year formats in Microsoft Excel 2016.
- By Paul McFedriesFeb 1, 2017
In this sample chapter from MOS 2016 Study Guide for Microsoft Excel Expert, learn how to use worksheet protection features to prevent changes to a single cell or entire workbook in Microsoft Excel 2016.
- By Wayne WinstonJan 31, 2017
In this chapter from Microsoft Excel Data Analysis and Business Modeling, 5th Edition, author Wayne Winston discusses the syntax of lookup functions in Microsoft Excel 2016.
- By Joan LambertJan 30, 2017
In this sample chapter from MOS 2016 Study Guide for Microsoft Outlook, learn more about exam objectives related to managing calendars, calendar items, tasks, and notes.
- By Joan LambertJan 9, 2017
In this sample chapter from MOS 2016 Study Guide for Microsoft PowerPoint, author Joan Lambert explains how to configure slide transitions and animate slide content in PowerPoint 2016.
- By Ben Curry, Brian LawsJan 4, 2017
A Business Connectivity Services (BCS) hybrid solution makes it possible for organizations to securely publish internally hosted business application data for remote workers or vendors— without migrating or replicating data across network boundaries. In this sample chapter from recent release From IT Pro to Cloud Pro Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint Online, Microsoft cloud technology experts Ben Curry and Brian Laws explain requirements for a BCS hybrid solution with step-by-step procedures on the configuration process.
- By Itzik Ben-GanOct 7, 2016
Learning the theory behind T-SQL querying and programming is an important step in developing code. In this sample chapter from T-SQL Fundamentals, 3rd Edition, Itzik Ben-Gan provides a brief theoretical background about SQL, set theory and predicate logic, the relational model, and types of database systems.
- By Rob MilesOct 4, 2016
If you can organize a party, you can write a program. What happens in a program is a little different, but the basic principles are the same. In this sample chapter from Begin to Code with C#, Rob Miles discusses what it takes to be a programmer and takes a closer look at how computers process data.
- By Haishi BaiAug 31, 2016
In this chapter from Programming Microsoft Azure Service Fabric, Haishi Bai presents what makes a great platform as a service (PaaS) and shares some of the key concepts of Service Fabric in preparation for service development.
- By Dino EspositoMar 2, 2016
- In this chapter from Modern Web Development, Dino Esposito presents the concept of UX-Driven Design (UXDD), a top-down approach to implementing the supporting architecture for your chosen system.
- By Curtis FryeFeb 17, 2016
- This chapter guides you through procedures related to creating, cutting, and copying notes; applying text formatting to notes; creating lists and outlines; changing paragraph formatting; and deleting formatting and items.
- By Yuri Diogenes, Jeff Gilbert, Robert MazzoliFeb 17, 2016
- This chapter explains how Microsoft enterprise mobility solutions address these areas and covers the basics of enterprise mobility management. It also covers considerations for selecting and deploying these solutions, as well as introducing a sample enterprise mobility management scenario that will be used throughout this book.
- By Joan LambertFeb 3, 2016
- This chapter from Microsoft Outlook 2016 Step by Step guides you through procedures related to personalizing default message formatting, applying thematic elements to individual messages, creating and using automatic signatures, incorporating imagery in messages, and changing message settings and delivery options.
Sign up now
Microsoft Press Store newsletter and special offers