393 Items Sort by date|Sort by title
- By Sean WhitakerAug 15, 2013
- This chapter from PMP Rapid Review covers the processes involved in selecting, justifying, and approving a project; and creating the project charter. It also covers the identification and analysis of project stakeholders.
- By Jim BoyceJul 15, 2013
- This chapter from Microsoft Outlook 2013 shows how you can extend the functionality of Outlook 2013 through custom design and programming.
- By Shannon Bray, Patrick Curran, Miguel WoodJul 15, 2013
- Arguably the most important task of a successful SharePoint 2013 implementation is to gather all of the requirements that reflect the business goals of the organization to ensure the maximum value is attained. This chapter from Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Designing and Architecting Solutions shows you how.
- By Sean WhitakerJul 15, 2013
- Learn how to manage project costs in this chapter from PMP Training Kit, with a focus on the processes of developing a cost management plan, the processes of estimating costs for activities and the overall project, preparing your project budget or cost baseline, recording performance, and influencing and assessing any changes to the project budget.
- By Ed WilsonJul 15, 2013
- With Windows PowerShell 3.0 running a command on a remote computer is as easy as running the command on your local computer; in some cases, it is even easier.
- By Darvish Shadravan, Penelope Coventry, Thomas Resing, Christina WheelerJun 15, 2013
- Every business and government entity needs forms that enable its users to input and share information. SharePoint 2013 presents a platform that allows for these forms to be hosted and integrated with many other useful technologies, such as workflows and search. Learn how to create forms using InfoPath, Access, and custom solutions in SharePoint 2013.
- By Tao LiuJun 15, 2013
- In this chapter from F# for C# Developers, Tao Liu uses well-known design patterns to introduce performing system design by using F#.
- By Steve SuehringJun 15, 2013
- By Geoff EvelynJun 15, 2013
- This chapter from Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Planning for Adoption and Governance covers the basics of planning solution delivery through plan formation, managing outputs, and engaging sponsors and stakeholders.
- By Steve SuehringJun 15, 2013
- By Scott A. HelmersMay 15, 2013
- In this chapter from Microsoft Visio 2013 Step By Step, you will experiment with and learn the value of containers, lists, and callouts in Visio diagrams.
- By Ben HowardMay 15, 2013
- Ben Howard, author of Microsoft® Project 2013 Plain & Simple, explains how to assign and manage resources in Microsoft Project 2013.
- By Paolo PialorsiMay 15, 2013
- This chapter from Microsoft® SharePoint® 2013 Developer Reference explores the rules for custom lists and the tools that SharePoint 2013 provides to create them. To learn how these tools behave in a real-world scenario, you will investigate how to define a custom list of contacts that can use custom forms and can be browsed through specific list views. The list in this case study will be based on two content types: Customer and Supplier.
- By Orin ThomasMay 15, 2013
- In this chapter from Administering Windows Server 2012 Training Guide: MCSA 70-411, you will learn how to monitor and configure auditing for computers running the Windows Server 2012 operating system.
- By Johnathan Lightfoot, Michelle Lopez, Scott MetkerMay 15, 2013
- This chapter from Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Plain & Simple discusses the SharePoint 2013 security model. The authors show you how you can apply access privileges at an overall level such as the site collection, down to an individual level like a single document—not to mention all the levels in between.
- By Beth Melton, Andrew Couch, Mark Dodge, Ciprian Rusen, Ben Schorr, Echo SwinfordMay 15, 2013
- Learn how to work with Microsoft Access 2013 in this chapter from Microsoft Office Professional 2013 Step by Step, including creating a desktop database, importing and exporting data, navigating the user interface, working with data in a datasheet, configuring Access options, linking Access to external data, and compacting, repairing, and encrypting a database.
Sign up now
Microsoft Press Store newsletter and special offers