400 Items Sort by date|Sort by title
- By Glenn JohnsonJun 15, 2011
- This chapter from MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-516): Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4 shows how you can use XmlDocument and XmlReader classes to query XML data. Also learn how you can use LINQ to XML to retrieve data from XML and how to use LINQ to XML to transform XML data.
- By William StanekJan 14, 2009
- William Stanek provides tips and techniques for adding and removing writable domain controllers.
- By Joan LambertJan 25, 2016
- This chapter from Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 Step by Step guides you through procedures related to adding and removing slides, dividing presentations into sections, rearranging slides and sections, applying themes, and changing slide backgrounds.
- By Scott A. HelmersJan 8, 2016
- This chapter from Microsoft Visio 2016 Step By Step guides you through procedures related to organizing shapes by using containers or lists, finding containers and lists in Visio, and annotating shapes by using callouts.
- By Joyce Cox, Joan LambertJan 3, 2007
- The difference between an adequate presentation and a great presentation often lies in the judicious use of multimedia. In this chapter from Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2007 Step by Step, learn to apply predefined animations, change some of the animation settings, change the way slides move on and off the screen during a slide show, insert a sound clip and a sound file and make various adjustments to their settings, and insert a movie file, preview the movie, and modify its behavior.
- By Andrew CouchJul 15, 2011
- In this chapter from Microsoft Access 2010 VBA Programming Inside Out, you look at how VBA also allows you to construct your own class modules.
- By Chris LeedsDec 29, 2010
- By Scott A. HelmersMay 15, 2013
- In this chapter from Microsoft Visio 2013 Step By Step, you will experiment with and learn the value of containers, lists, and callouts in Visio diagrams.
- By Ed Bott, Carl Siechert, Craig StinsonJul 15, 2011
- In this chapter from Windows 7 Inside Out, Deluxe Edition, learn the hoops and hurdles and everything else having to do with the addition, removal, updating, and management of applications in Windows 7. You'll also explore Windows XP Mode, a free download for Windows 7 (Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate) that can let you run legacy applications that can’t run directly in Windows 7.
- By Nancy MuirMar 15, 2013
- For Microsoft PowerPoint 2013, you now have several built-in design elements that you can use for your presentations. These design elements, including slide layouts, themes, theme colors, and theme fonts, offer an inherent consistency that comes as a result of a common look and feel. This consistency means that you don’t have to be a graphic designer to prepare an attractive presentation.
- By Orin ThomasJun 2, 2014
- In this chapter from Training Guide: Administering Windows Server 2012 R2, you will learn how to monitor and configure auditing for computers running the Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 operating system.
- By Teresa Stover, Bonnie Biafore, Andreea MarinescuMay 15, 2011
- This chapter from Microsoft Project 2010 Inside Out covers setup and administrative procedures performed by the project server administrator after the server equipment and software are in place, including the operating system, database, and client applications.
- By Orin ThomasApr 29, 2014
- In this chapter from Training Guide: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 R2 Services you discover how and why you would configure forests with multiple domain trees and the benefits of each functional level. You also find out how to configure and manage different types of trust relationships to ensure users in one forest or domain are granted appropriate access to resources in another forest, domain, or Kerberos realm.
- By Vittorio BertocciSep 15, 2010
- This chapter from Programming Windows Identity Foundation takes a concrete approach to WIF programming, tackling many important problems and scenarios you might encounter when securing ASP.NET applications.
- By Mike HalseyOct 25, 2010
- In this chapter from Troubleshooting Windows 7 Inside Out, Mike Halsey covers some of the advanced tools that come with Windows 7, describing the features and capabilities of each one and explaining how you can use them to help you troubleshoot your Windows 7 system.
- By Itzik Ben-Gan, Steve Kass, Lubor Kollar, Dejan SarkaMar 25, 2009
- This chapter from Inside Microsoft SQL Server 2008 T-SQL Querying covers various data-aggregation techniques, including using the OVER clause with aggregate functions, tiebreakers, running aggregates, pivoting, unpivoting, custom aggregations, histograms, grouping factors, and grouping sets.
- By Jochen KrebsJul 16, 2008
- In this chapter from Agile Portfolio Management, learn why certain project management practices need to be removed or adjusted while new agile management practices need to be acquired. These new skills are necessary for a true agile organizational transformation.
Sign up now
Microsoft Press Store newsletter and special offers