The complete, pragmatic guide to building high-value solutions with ASP.NET Core
Programming ASP.NET Core is the definitive guide to practical web-based application development with Microsoft’s new ASP.NET Core framework. Microsoft MVP Dino Esposito introduces proven techniques and well-crafted example code for solving real problems with ASP.NET Core. Step by step, he guides you through using all key ASP.NET Core technologies, including MVC for HTML generation, .NET Core, EF Core, ASP.NET Identity, dependency injection, and much more. Esposito thoroughly covers ASP.NET Core’s cross-platform capabilities and what’s changed from older ASP.NET versions, but he doesn’t stop there: he offers a complete learning path for every developer who wants to build production solutions, including mobile-specific solutions.
Microsoft MVP Dino Esposito shows how to:
• Create new projects and understand their structure
• Set up and use the familiar MVC application model in ASP.NET Core
• Write controller class code to govern all stages of request processing
• Serve HTML from controllers, or directly via Razor Pages
• Master the Razor language for quickly defining the layout of HTML views
• Manage cross-cutting concerns such as global configuration data, error and exception handling, controller class design, and dependency injection
• Secure applications with user authentication and ASP.NET Core’s policy-based user authorization API
• Design for efficient data access, and choose the right option for reading and writing data
• Build ASP.NET Core Web APIs that return JSON, XML, or other data
• Use data binding to programmatically update visual components with fresh information
• Build device-friendly web views for iOS and Android
• Explore the radically new ASP.NET Core runtime environment and Dependency Injection (DI) infrastructure
Table of Contents
PART I THE NEW ASP.NET AT A GLANCE
CHAPTER 1 Why Another ASP.NET?
CHAPTER 2 The First ASP.NET Core Project
PART II THE ASP.NET MVC APPLICATION MODEL
CHAPTER 3 Bootstrapping ASP.NET MVC
CHAPTER 4 ASP.NET MVC Controllers
CHAPTER 5 ASP.NET MVC Views
CHAPTER 6 The Razor Syntax
PART III CROSS-CUTTING CONCERNS
CHAPTER 7 Design Considerations
CHAPTER 8 Securing the Application
CHAPTER 9 Access to Application Data
PART IV FRONTEND
CHAPTER 10 Designing a Web API
CHAPTER 11 Posting Data from the Client Side
CHAPTER 12 Client-side Data Binding
CHAPTER 13 Building Device-friendly Views
PART V THE ASP.NET CORE ECOSYSTEM
CHAPTER 14 The ASP.NET Core Runtime Environment
CHAPTER 15 Deploying an ASP.NET Core Application
CHAPTER 16 Migration and Adoption Strategies
Follow the instructions to download this book's companion content.
Click the Download button below to start the download.
If prompted, click Save.
Locate the .zip file on your computer. Right-click the file, click Extract All, and then follow the instructions.