- Published 12/9/2016
- 5th Edition
- Book 978-1-5093-0421-9
- eBook 978-1-5093-0424-0
Master business modeling and analysis techniques with Microsoft Excel 2016, and transform data into bottom-line results. Written by award-winning educator Wayne Winston, this hands on, scenario-focused guide helps you use Excel’s newest tools to ask the right questions and get accurate, actionable answers. This edition adds 150+ new problems with solutions, plus a chapter of basic spreadsheet models to make sure you’re fully up to speed.
Solve real business problems with Excel—and build your competitive advantage
- Quickly transition from Excel basics to sophisticated analytics
- Summarize data by using PivotTables and Descriptive Statistics
- Use Excel trend curves, multiple regression, and exponential smoothing
- Master advanced functions such as OFFSET and INDIRECT
- Delve into key financial, statistical, and time functions
- Leverage the new charts in Excel 2016 (including box and whisker and waterfall charts)
- Make charts more effective by using Power View
- Tame complex optimizations by using Excel Solver
- Run Monte Carlo simulations on stock prices and bidding models
- Work with the AGGREGATE function and table slicers
- Create PivotTables from data in different worksheets or workbooks
- Learn about basic probability and Bayes’ Theorem
- Automate repetitive tasks by using macros
Praise For Microsoft Excel Data Analysis and Business Modeling, 5th Edition
"Fantastic book! I was, by no means, an excel expert. This book is well structured to where anybody can understand. I love the example and template files to help you understand the processes. Then at the end of each chapter, there are questions that require you to create spreadsheets on your own. These last few questions do a terrific job reinforcing the chapter and making sure you truly understand the concepts and where to use them, rather than just understanding simple procedures.
This book is quite extensive and I'd recommend it if you wish to be successful in business analysis and modeling. The book covers v-lookups, if statements, sorting, conditional formatting, tables, solver, pivot tables, and about 75 other chapters.
—Mason, Amazon Review
We've made every effort to ensure the accuracy of this book and its companion content. Any errors that have been confirmed since this book was published can be downloaded below.
Download the errata
If you find an error, you can report it to us through our Submit errata page.