Windows PowerShell 2.0 Best Practices
- By Ed Wilson, Windows PowerShell Teams at Microsoft
- Part of the IT Best Practices - Microsoft Press series.
This product currently is not for sale.
- List price: $47.99
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, which reproduces the look and layout of the printed page.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Published 12/16/2009
- 1st Edition
- 752 pages
- Book 978-0-7356-2646-1
- eBook 978-0-7356-4083-2
Apply best practices for automating system administration with Windows PowerShell 2.0 and optimize your operational efficiency and results. This guide captures the field-tested tips, real-world lessons, and candid advice of practitioners across the range of business and technical scenarios and across the scripting life cycle. Discover how to:
- Take advantage of new features and cmdlets in Windows PowerShell 2.0
- Plan scripting usage scenarios and define standards Deploy Windows PowerShell 2.0 to desktops and servers
- Configure scripting environments
- Optimize remote scripting capabilities
- Work with Active Directory and WMI
- Design functions and modules
- Optimize input and output
- Handle errors
- Document scripts
- Test and troubleshoot scripts
- Avoid scripting pitfalls
The companion CD includes a fully searchable eBook and sample scripts.
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
Online Sample Chapter
Table of Contents
- About the Companion Media
- Part I: Introduction
- Chapter 1: Assessing the Scripting Environment
- Chapter 2: Survey of Windows PowerShell Capabilities
- Chapter 3: Survey of Active Directory Capabilities
- Chapter 4: User Management
- Part II: Planning
- Chapter 5: Identifying Scripting Opportunities
- Chapter 6: Configuring the Script Environment
- Chapter 7: Avoiding Scripting Pitfalls
- Chapter 8: Tracking Scripting Opportunities
- Part III: Designing
- Chapter 9: Designing Functions
- Chapter 10: Designing Help for Scripts
- Chapter 11: Planning for Modules
- Chapter 12: Handling Input and Output
- Chapter 13: Handling Errors
- Part IV: Testing and Deploying
- Chapter 14: Testing Scripts
- Chapter 15: Running Scripts
- Part V: Optimizing
- Chapter 16: Logging Results
- Chapter 17: Troubleshooting Scripts
- Windows PowerShell 2.0 cmdlets
- Common Windows PowerShell Verbs
- Useful COM Objects
- Useful WMI Classes
- Useful Microsoft .NET Framework Classes
- WMI Error Messages
- Click the following link: Download the companion content.
- Click Save.
- Locate the .zip file on your computer. Right-click the file, click Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
If you find an error, you can report it to us through our Submit errata page.