Windows Internals, 5th Edition
This product currently is not for sale.
- List price: $55.99
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, which reproduces the look and layout of the printed page.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Published 6/17/2009
- 5th Edition
- 1264 pages
- Book 978-0-7356-2530-3
- eBook 978-0-7356-3027-7
See how the core components of the Windows operating system work behind the scenes—guided by a team of internationally renowned internals experts. Fully updated for Windows Server(R) 2008 and Windows Vista(R), this classic guide delivers key architectural insights on system design, debugging, performance, and support—along with hands-on experiments to experience Windows internal behavior firsthand.
Delve inside Windows architecture and internals:
- Understand how the core system and management mechanisms work—from the object manager to services to the registry
- Explore internal system data structures using tools like the kernel debugger
- Grasp the scheduler's priority and CPU placement algorithms
- Go inside the Windows security model to see how it authorizes access to data
- Understand how Windows manages physical and virtual memory
- Tour the Windows networking stack from top to bottom—including APIs, protocol drivers, and network adapter drivers
- Troubleshoot file-system access problems and system boot problems
- Learn how to analyze crashes