Microsoft Windows XP Professional Administrator's Pocket Consultant, 2nd Edition
This product currently is not for sale.
- Published 11/3/2004
- 2nd Edition
- 528 pages
- Book 978-0-7356-2140-4
Whether you support 50 users or 5000, this practical guide provides fast answers for the day-to-day administration of the Windows XP Professional operating system. This popular, pocket-sized resource has been fully updated for Windows XP Service Pack 2, with new information on security administration, networking, maintenance, and more. Focus on essential system support issues and procedures with quick-reference tables, instructions, and lists. You’ll get the precise information you need to solve problems and get the job done—whether you’re at your desk or in the field!
Get fast facts to:
- Manage and troubleshoot the Windows environment
- Configure hardware and network devices
- Customize desktop settings and optimize the user workspace
- Manage user accounts, system access, and passwords
- Enable mobile networking and remote access
- Configure offline files, disk quotas, and shadow copies
- Schedule routine maintenance and backups
- Troubleshoot system problems and optimize performance
- NEW—Install and maintain programs, and manage disk drives and file systems
- NEW—Utilize security features including Add-on Manager, Pop-up Blocker, and Windows Firewall
If you find an error, you can report it to us through our Submit errata page.
Other titles you might like
- Exam Ref 70-342 Advanced Solutions of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 (MCSE)
- eBook (Watermarked) $31.99