Microsoft .NET and J2EE Interoperability Toolkit
This product currently is not for sale.
- Published 9/10/2003
- 1st Edition
- 576 pages
- Book 978-0-7356-1922-7
Discover how to build applications that run on both the Microsoft .NET Framework and Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE)—and extend your customer reach and system shelf life. Whether your background is in .NET or J2EE, you’ll learn to implement many of the interoperability technologies available today, including Microsoft, Sun, and third-party compatibility tools. Interoperability expert Simon Guest takes a balanced look at the pros and cons of each cross-platform technology presented, including best practices, workarounds, and examples of interoperability solutions in action. You also get interoperability software on CD—plus a wealth of code you can use in your own solutions.
Discover how to:
- Use .NET Remoting to enable interplatform connectivity
- Write interoperable Web service solutions that show interoperability in a production environment, handle exceptions, and use UDDI
- Employ Microsoft SQL Server 2000 to create a shared database between .NET and J2EE
- Enable cross-platform asynchronous calling with Microsoft Message Queuing (MSMQ) and WebSphere MQ from IBM
- Implement a bridge between .NET and J2EE queues using Microsoft Host Information Server and Microsoft BizTalk Server
- Deliver a consistent user interface across platforms through shared session state and shared authentication
- Build complex interoperability solutions using Web services specifications for security, binary data exchange, and routing
Get code samples and software on CD
- The Mind Electric (TME) GLUE Web Services
- Ja.NET bridging software from Intrinsyc
- Sample interoperability code from Microsoft
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
If you find an error, you can report it to us through our Submit errata page.
Other titles you might like
- Developer's Guide to Collections in Microsoft .NET
- eBook (Watermarked) $27.99