- Changing the desktop background
- Customize the Lock screen
- Adjusting colors and transparency
- Changing to Dark Mode
- Using themes
- Adjusting timeout settings
- Enlarging text
- Changing screen resolution
- Customizing the taskbar
- Adding tiles to the Start menu
- Moving tiles
- Using Snap to arrange apps on the desktop
- Resizing tiles
Changing to Dark Mode
By default, Windows 10 displays most system windows and dialog boxes in Light mode, with black or darker colored text against a white background. Many users prefer the new Dark mode, which reverses that scheme, with white or lighter colored text against a black background.
Enable Dark Mode
In Settings, choose Personalization, and then click Colors.
In the Choose Your Default App Mode section, click to select Dark.
To return to Light mode, click to select Light.