Administering Windows Server 2012 R2: Monitoring and Auditing
- Before you begin
- Lesson 1: Monitoring servers
- Lesson 2: Advanced audit policies
- Practice exercises
- Suggested practice exercises
Suggested practice exercises
The following additional practice exercises are designed to give you more opportunities to practice what you’ve learned and to help you successfully master the lessons presented in this chapter.
- Exercise 1 Use auditpol.exe to enable File System, Registry, and File Share Success And Failure auditing on MEL-DC.
- Exercise 2 Create a test share on SYD-DC and populate it with text files. Add user accounts to the Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and Neptune groups. Sign on to MEL-DC and access the files across the network using different accounts. Verify that the expression-based audit policies record auditing information appropriately.