19 Items Sort by date|Sort by title
- Jun 15, 2013
- In this chapter from Microsoft Office Inside Out: 2013 Edition, learn the many options you have for entering, storing, sorting, filtering, cross-tabulating, and summarizing data.
- Aug 31, 2010
- This chapter from Microsoft Excel 2010 Inside Out introduces PivotTables in Excel 2010, explaining everything from their creation to formatting to grouping and charting.
- Feb 15, 2013
- Learn how you can use Excel to analyze and share the data you’re gathering. You can use features such as sparklines and conditional formatting to show in an instant how the data trends look, or you can construct formulas by using Excel’s functions to perform simple or complex calculations with your numeric data. Excel also makes it easy to report on and share your data via Power View Reports and PivotTables.
- May 16, 2007
- In this chapter from Microsoft Office Excel 2007 Visual Basic for Applications Step by Step, you’ll learn how to add loops to your macros. And to make those loops more effective, you’ll learn how to create conditional expressions that let the macro make decisions.
- Mar 31, 2014
- In this chapter from Microsoft Excel 2013 Step By Step, you’ll create a chart and customize its elements, find trends in your data, create a dual-axis chart, summarize data by using sparklines, create diagrams by using SmartArt, and create shapes that contain mathematical equations.
- Jun 2, 2010
- In this chapter from Microsoft Excel 2010 Step by Step, you’ll learn how to create and edit PivotTables from an existing worksheet, focus your PivotTable data using filters and Slicers, format PivotTables, and create a PivotTable with data imported from a text file.
- Dec 22, 2011
- This chapter from Microsoft Excel 2010 Formulas and Functions Inside Out covers cube functions in Microsoft Excel 2010.
- Dec 10, 2008
- This chapter from Create Dynamic Charts in Microsoft Office Excel 2007 and Beyond shows you how to create solutions in Microsoft Excel 2007 that have a powerful effect.
- Aug 25, 2010
- In this chapter from Microsoft Office Professional 2010 Step by Step, you'll learn how to change the appearance of data, apply existing formats to data, make numbers easier to read, change data's appearance based on its value, and add images to worksheets in Microsoft Excel 2010.
- Oct 16, 2015
- This chapter from Microsoft Excel 2016 Step by Step guides you through procedures related to using a workbook as a template for other workbooks, linking to data in other workbooks, and consolidating multiple sets of data into a single workbook.
- Oct 5, 2010
- In this chapter from Microsoft PowerPivot for Excel 2010: Give Your Data Meaning, learn how to create a Dates table for a PowerPivot model and how to use that table to support several types of calculations: number of working days, aggregation and comparison over time, and closing balance over time.
- Mar 15, 2013
- In this chapter from Microsoft® Excel® 2013: Building Data Models with PowerPivot, you learn the capabilities of Power View. We are not going to explain all the features in great detail, at least partly because there are plenty of good books and resources where you can learn much more information about Power View. Our goal here is to introduce this new tool and show the most important information about the role it plays in graphical exploration.
- Apr 14, 2011
- This chapter from Business Intelligence in Microsoft SharePoint 2010 briefly introduces you to PowerPivot for Excel and PowerPivot for SharePoint. It provides guidance on creating a PowerPivot workbook, importing data from various data sources, and mashing them up using DAX. This chapter also demonstrates how to publish a PowerPivot workbook to SharePoint and how to schedule data refreshes, and it explains how IT professionals can manage PowerPivot for SharePoint by using the PowerPivot Management Dashboard.
- Sep 5, 2015
- Understanding how to configure and manage SharePoint Online site collections is critical for an Office 365 administrator. This chapter from Exam Ref 70-347 Enabling Office 365 Services covers how to configure external user sharing, create SharePoint site collection, and plan a collaboration solution.
- Jan 7, 2011
- This chapter from Microsoft Excel 2010 Data Analysis and Business Modeling explains how to use the OFFSET function in Microsoft Excel 2010.
- Jun 15, 2010
- This chapter from Microsoft Excel 2010 Plain & Simple explains the use of formulas and functions in Excel, including creating, editing, and debugging.
- Apr 15, 2013
- This chapter from Microsoft Excel 2013 Plain & Simple shows you how to work with formulas and functions in Microsoft Excel 2013.
- Aug 15, 2013
- This chapter from Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Step by Step focuses on the integration of SharePoint 2013 with Microsoft Office Excel 2013 and Microsoft Office Access 2013.
- Aug 12, 2011
- This chapter from MOS 2010 Study Guide for Microsoft Word Expert, Excel Expert, Access, and SharePoint Exams shows you how to work with macros and forms in Microsoft Excel.