60 Items Sort by date|Sort by title
- By Curtis FryeOct 16, 2015
- This chapter from Microsoft Excel 2016 Step by Step guides you through procedures related to using a workbook as a template for other workbooks, linking to data in other workbooks, and consolidating multiple sets of data into a single workbook.
- By Orin ThomasSep 5, 2015
- Understanding how to configure and manage SharePoint Online site collections is critical for an Office 365 administrator. This chapter from Exam Ref 70-347 Enabling Office 365 Services covers how to configure external user sharing, create SharePoint site collection, and plan a collaboration solution.
- By Joan LambertFeb 6, 2015
- Excel provides a practical yet powerful way to store massive amounts of data. This chapter from Microsoft Office for iPad Step by Step guides you through procedures related to creating workbooks and worksheets, managing worksheets and worksheet elements, populating worksheets with text or numeric data, modifying worksheet structure, and formatting data for presentation. It also includes procedures for efficiently displaying, filtering, and sorting data to provide specific information and perspectives.
- By Joan LambertFeb 6, 2015
- This chapter from Microsoft Office for iPad Step by Step guides you through procedures related to creating and opening notebooks, adding sections to notebooks, adding pages to sections, adding content to pages, managing notebook content, and closing notebooks in OneNote.
- By Curtis FryeMar 31, 2014
- In this chapter from Microsoft Excel 2013 Step By Step, you’ll create a chart and customize its elements, find trends in your data, create a dual-axis chart, summarize data by using sparklines, create diagrams by using SmartArt, and create shapes that contain mathematical equations.
- By Jim BoyceJul 15, 2013
- This chapter from Microsoft Outlook 2013 shows how you can extend the functionality of Outlook 2013 through custom design and programming.
- By Scott A. HelmersMay 15, 2013
- In this chapter from Microsoft Visio 2013 Step By Step, you will experiment with and learn the value of containers, lists, and callouts in Visio diagrams.
- By Ben HowardMay 15, 2013
- Ben Howard, author of Microsoft® Project 2013 Plain & Simple, explains how to assign and manage resources in Microsoft Project 2013.
- By Beth Melton, Andrew Couch, Mark Dodge, Ciprian Rusen, Ben Schorr, Echo SwinfordMay 15, 2013
- Learn how to work with Microsoft Access 2013 in this chapter from Microsoft Office Professional 2013 Step by Step, including creating a desktop database, importing and exporting data, navigating the user interface, working with data in a datasheet, configuring Access options, linking Access to external data, and compacting, repairing, and encrypting a database.
- By Darren LloydMay 15, 2013
- Learn how to set up the basic environment for your Lync phone, including adding or editing additional telephone numbers, setting your primary audio device, setting a secondary ringer, checking primary audio device call quality, and setting ringtones and sounds.
- By Katherine MurrayApr 15, 2013
- Katherine Murray discusses the collaboration tools and Presenter View available in Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 in this chapter from Microsoft Office Professional 2013 for Touch Devices Plain & Simple.
- By Peter WeverkaApr 15, 2013
- You can do all sorts of things with Microsoft OneNote 2013. In this chapter from Microsoft OneNote 2013 Plain & Simple, learn how to work with handwritten notes, create an outline, insert pictures, take screen clips, and work with audio and video notes.
- By Curtis FryeApr 15, 2013
- This chapter from Microsoft Excel 2013 Plain & Simple shows you how to work with formulas and functions in Microsoft Excel 2013.
- By Nancy MuirMar 15, 2013
- For Microsoft PowerPoint 2013, you now have several built-in design elements that you can use for your presentations. These design elements, including slide layouts, themes, theme colors, and theme fonts, offer an inherent consistency that comes as a result of a common look and feel. This consistency means that you don’t have to be a graphic designer to prepare an attractive presentation.
- By Jay FreedmanMar 15, 2013
- In this chapter from Microsoft Word 2013 Plain & Simple, learn how to print envelopes, create mailing labels and business cards, send a document by email, and execute a mail merge.
- By Jim BoyceMar 15, 2013
- In this chapter from Microsoft Outlook 2013 Plain & Simple, Jim Boyce explains everything you need to know about using the Calendar in Microsoft Outlook 2013.
- By Joan Lambert, Joyce CoxMar 15, 2013
- In this chapter from Microsoft Outlook 2013 Step by Step, learn to organize the contact records into an individual address book, import a fresh set of contact records into a custom address book, and then export a subset of the records, create a contact group and send a message to a subset of the group, locate specific contact records by using the Search feature and the commands available on the new Search tool tab, and finally, personalize the content of an electronic business card.
Sign up now
Microsoft Press Store newsletter and special offers