Adding Animation, Sound, and Movies to Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2007
- Jan 3, 2007
- The difference between an adequate presentation and a great presentation often lies in the judicious use of multimedia. In this chapter from Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2007 Step by Step, learn to apply predefined animations, change some of the animation settings, change the way slides move on and off the screen during a slide show, insert a sound clip and a sound file and make various adjustments to their settings, and insert a movie file, preview the movie, and modify its behavior.
Adding Structure to Your Diagrams in Microsoft Visio 2013
- May 15, 2013
- In this chapter from Microsoft Visio 2013 Step By Step, you will experiment with and learn the value of containers, lists, and callouts in Visio diagrams.
Adjusting Slide Appearance in Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
- Mar 15, 2013
- For Microsoft PowerPoint 2013, you now have several built-in design elements that you can use for your presentations. These design elements, including slide layouts, themes, theme colors, and theme fonts, offer an inherent consistency that comes as a result of a common look and feel. This consistency means that you don’t have to be a graphic designer to prepare an attractive presentation.
Administering Your Enterprise Project Management Solution in Microsoft Project 2010
- May 15, 2011
- This chapter from Microsoft Project 2010 Inside Out covers setup and administrative procedures performed by the project server administrator after the server equipment and software are in place, including the operating system, database, and client applications.
Analyzing Data with Tables and Charts in Microsoft Excel 2013
- Jun 15, 2013
- In this chapter from Microsoft Office Inside Out: 2013 Edition, learn the many options you have for entering, storing, sorting, filtering, cross-tabulating, and summarizing data.
Analyzing Microsoft Excel 2010 Data with PivotTable Reports
- Aug 31, 2010
- This chapter from Microsoft Excel 2010 Inside Out introduces PivotTables in Excel 2010, explaining everything from their creation to formatting to grouping and charting.
Analyzing Your Excel 2013 Data
- Feb 15, 2013
- Learn how you can use Excel to analyze and share the data you’re gathering. You can use features such as sparklines and conditional formatting to show in an instant how the data trends look, or you can construct formulas by using Excel’s functions to perform simple or complex calculations with your numeric data. Excel also makes it easy to report on and share your data via Power View Reports and PivotTables.
Assigning and Managing Resources in Microsoft® Project 2013
- May 15, 2013
- Ben Howard, author of Microsoft® Project 2013 Plain & Simple, explains how to assign and manage resources in Microsoft Project 2013.
Automating a Client Application Using Macros in Microsoft Access 2010
- Aug 15, 2010
- With this chapter from Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out, you'll learn about user interface macros — various types of actions you can define in macros, building both simple macros and macro with multiple defined actions, managing macros and creating submacros, using embedded and temporary macros, debugging macros, and understanding un-trusted actions.
Building a Presentation Outline in PowerPoint 2010
- May 15, 2010
- This chapter from Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 Plain & Simple shows how to use PowerPoint's outline for organizing your thoughts and information to include in your presentations.
Collaborating and Finishing Your Presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
- Apr 15, 2013
- Katherine Murray discusses the collaboration tools and Presenter View available in Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 in this chapter from Microsoft Office Professional 2013 for Touch Devices Plain & Simple.
Control Visual Basic in Microsoft Office Excel 2007 Visual Basic for Applications
- May 16, 2007
- In this chapter from Microsoft Office Excel 2007 Visual Basic for Applications Step by Step, you’ll learn how to add loops to your macros. And to make those loops more effective, you’ll learn how to create conditional expressions that let the macro make decisions.
Create Compelling SmartArt Diagrams and Charts in Microsoft Word 2010
- Oct 8, 2010
- In this chapter from Microsoft Word 2010, you learn about SmartArt, the diagramming tool that is included as part of Word 2010, and find out how to add and enhance charts in your Word document. What’s more, the charts you add interact easily with Excel 2010, so you can use simple worksheet sections or complex calculations as part of the charts you create.
Create Databases and Simple Tables
- Jul 15, 2010
- In this chapter from Microsoft Access 2010 Step by Step, you’ll create a database from a template and create a table manually. Then you’ll adjust the display of a data table to fit your needs.
Create Simple Reports in Microsoft Access 2010
- Jul 15, 2010
- In this chapter from Microsoft Access 2010 Step by Step, you’ll create a report in Access 2010 by using a wizard. After modifying the layout and content of the report, you’ll see how it will look when printed.
Creating Charts and Graphics in Microsoft Excel 2013
- Mar 31, 2014
- In this chapter from Microsoft Excel 2013 Step By Step, you’ll create a chart and customize its elements, find trends in your data, create a dual-axis chart, summarize data by using sparklines, create diagrams by using SmartArt, and create shapes that contain mathematical equations.
Creating Dynamic Worksheets by Using PivotTables in Microsoft Excel 2010
- Jun 2, 2010
- In this chapter from Microsoft Excel 2010 Step by Step, you’ll learn how to create and edit PivotTables from an existing worksheet, focus your PivotTable data using filters and Slicers, format PivotTables, and create a PivotTable with data imported from a text file.
Creating Queries in Access 2010
- Jun 15, 2010
- This chapter from Microsoft Access 2010 Plain & Simple explains the concept and function of queries and shows how to create them using the Query Wizard or on your own. It also introduces more advanced concepts such as using queries to calculate values or find duplicate records.
Cube Functions in Microsoft Excel 2010
- Dec 22, 2011
- This chapter from Microsoft Excel 2010 Formulas and Functions Inside Out covers cube functions in Microsoft Excel 2010.
Customizing and Securing Microsoft Word 2010
- Aug 15, 2010
- Katherine Murray discusses the customization and security features of Microsoft Word 2010, in this chapter from Microsoft Word 2010 Plain & Simple.
Sign up now
Microsoft Press Store newsletter and special offers