Windows Vista Resource Kit
This product currently is not for sale.
- Published 4/4/2007
- 1st Edition
- 1568 pages
- Book 978-0-7356-2283-8
In-depth and comprehensive, this resource delivers the information you need for administering Windows Vista. You get expert technical guidance from those who know the technology best—Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals and the Microsoft Windows Vista team. Plus—more than 200 scripts, tools and essential administration resources on DVD.
Get expert guidance on how to:
- Plan and implement high-volume and low-volume deployment projects
- Configure Group Policy to manage clients, user profiles, search features, and network resources
- Administer disks, file systems, folders, printers, and other devices
- Implement file and media sharing in workgroup and domain environments
- Configure wireless networking protocols, TCP/IP, and VPN connections
- Manage software updates, User Account Control, Windows Firewall, and Ipsec protection
- Monitor event logs and system performance
- Troubleshoot hardware, drivers, network connectivity, and stop messages
- 140+ scripts for automating administration and deployment.
- Network troubleshooting tools.
- Debugging tools for 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows.
- Solution Accelerator for Business Desktop Deployment 2007—plus supporting tools.
- Technical white papers on Windows Vista administration.
- Sample chapters from Microsoft Security Resource Kit, Second Edition and Microsoft VBScript Step by Step.
- Fully searchable eBook.
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
If you find an error, you can report it to us through our Submit errata page.