- Published 6/10/2009
- 1st Edition
In-depth and comprehensive, this official RESOURCE KIT delivers the information you need to plan, implement, and manage a virtualized enterprise infrastructure. Covers R2 features. You get authoritative technical guidance from those who know the technology best—leading industry experts and the Windows Virtualization Team—along with sample scripts, job aids, and other essential resources.
Get expert advice on how to:
- Manage the project visioning phase—scope, risks, budget
- Design Hyper-V server infrastructure and components
- Apply the steps and tools that streamline installation
- Configure single or multiple Hyper-V servers
- Plan a server workload consolidation strategy
- Use console-based tools to manage central and remote operations
- Minimize downtime when migrating from Microsoft Virtual Server to Hyper-V
- Apply security best practices
- Implement business continuity and recovery plans
- Monitor health and tune performance
- Library of Windows PowerShell scripts for automating Hyper-V management tasks
- Understanding Microsoft Virtualization Solutions From Desktop to Datacenter eBook
- Job aids and links to useful virtualization-related resources and tools
- Fully searchable eBook of this guide
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
We've made every effort to ensure the accuracy of this book and its companion content. Any errors that have been confirmed since this book was published can be downloaded below.
Download the errata
If you find an error, you can report it to us through our Submit errata page.