Windows Group Policy Resource Kit: Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista
This product currently is not for sale.
- List price: $39.99
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, which reproduces the look and layout of the printed page.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Published 3/5/2008
- 1st Edition
- 544 pages
- Book 978-0-7356-2514-3
- eBook 978-0-7356-4076-4
Get the in-depth information you need to use Group Policy to administer Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista—direct from a leading Group Policy MVP and the Microsoft Group Policy team. With Group Policy and Active Directory directory service, administrators can take advantage of policy-based management to streamline the administration of users and computers throughout the enterprise—from servers running Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003 or Windows 2000 Server, to workstations running Windows Vista, Windows XP Professional, or Windows 2000 Professional. This essential resource provides in-depth technical information and expert insights for simplifying and automating administrative tasks, including policy enforcement, system updates, and software installations, as well as how to centralize the management of network resources. The CD provides essential utilities, job aids, and more. It’s everything you need to help increase your efficiency while bolstering user productivity, security services, and system reliability.
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
Online Sample Chapter
Table of Contents
- Introducing Group Policy
- Chapter 1: Why Group Policy?
- Chapter 2: What's New in Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008
- Chapter 3: Group Policy Basics
- Group Policy Structure
- Chapter 4: Architecture of Group Policy
- Chapter 5: Group Policy Processing
- Administering Group Policy
- Chapter 6: Using the GPMC
- Chapter 7: Advanced GPMC Management
- Chapter 8: Controlling GPOs with Scripts and Automation
- Implementing Security
- Chapter 9: Security Delegation for Administration of GPOs
- Using Registry-Based Policy Settings
- Chapter 10: ADM Templates, ADMX Files, and the ADMX Central Store
- Chapter 11: Customizing ADM Templates and ADMX Files
- Group Policy Settings
- Chapter 12: Group Policy Preferences
- Chapter 13: Settings Breakdown for Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista
- Advanced Topics
- Chapter 14: Advanced Group Policy Management
- Chapter 15: Troubleshooting GPOs
- Third-Party Group Policy Tools
- Additional Resources
- About the Author
- System Requirements
- Windows Server 2008-Resources for Administrators
- Windows Server 2008 Resource Kit-Your Definitive Resource!
- Click the following link: Download the companion content.
- Click Save.
- Locate the .zip file on your computer. Right-click the file, click Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
If you find an error, you can report it to us through our Submit errata page.